Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's a long journey, but worth the wait!

okay, so i've been waiting for this post op appt which seems like forever, but today was absolutely perfect! I went in and she confirmed the diagnosis of endometriosis, told me where it was, and basically confirmed the beliefs i had for the past 9 months. It's one thing to have endo and not realize that you have it for a reason, just take it for granted , like a curse. Believe me i know what the pain feels like and what the emotional side effects are from the bc, different meds, surgery, recovery, and simply having the disease. I am NOT going crazy..lol. I've just suddenly realized in the last week that God has chosen me for this journey and i shouldnt question his reasoning. That doesnt mean that i dont believe in healing or in God turning a situation completely around, because i have every bit of faith that he can do that in anyone's life including my own. I come to realize that you can either come to accept what God wants you to or that you can hate yourself everyday for what is happening to your body. You can really get depressed thinking about the future with kids and just dealing with the pain that endometriosis brings your way, but i've decided that from this day on endometriosis doesnt own me. I may have endometriosis, but that's not all i have. I have God first of all, a great family that could never be replaced, my best friend and twin sis and supporter, a wonderful boyfriend that doesnt mind that i have this disease, and so many friends (both ones that i know, and ones that i only come into contact with over the web) . I dont have to be lonely, be sad , or be frustrated anymore. I can be happy that i still have my life, i may have pain but that's not who i am. I am a beautiful, healthy (other than this disease..lol), and intelligent daughter, sister, grandaughter, and girlfriend. God's got my back and i dont have to worry about the future anymore, He's here and His love for me is all that i need.
So i figured i would update you wonderful women on where my endo was located :
my doc told me today that the bulk of my endometriosis was located in my cul-de-sac and rectum area. She wasnt able to remove all of it because she was afraid of tearing a hole in my rectum. But she did get a huge chunk of it (i think those were her exact words..lol) i also had some located on my right pelvic wall, but she said it wasnt as much as the other location and she is confident that most of my pain was coming from the rectum and cul-de-sac area. She also mentioned the uterer area, but she said that was too risky to remove from that area. I am starting a new bc pill that has a little bit more estrogen in it, so we'll see how that turns out. I have faith that God's going to let something work..lol I am really glad that i finally got the chance to have a lap becuase it really made me feel like i wasnt crazy anymore ...not really crazy, but just that it confirmed what i felt like. Finally i have the confimation of all those last 5 or 6 years of complete torture (earlier on it was just around ovulation and my period, but this year as of june it was pretty much everyday) . God is so awesome, i know i say that a lot on my status, but He really is. I've truly discovered what life is all about and what i have to do. I almost feel like if i hadnt gone thru all of this that i wouldnt be where i am today. Endometriosis teaches you a lot about life, if you allow it to.
Sorry this is so long, but i just felt like saying all of this, maybe it can encourage someone who maybe is just starting out on their endo journey, like i was almost a year ago. THanks to all of you wonderful women for every bit of encouragement and wisdom , without you dont know what i would do. Good nite!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a happy day for him when he gave us our new lives, through the truth of his Word, and we became, as it were, the first children in his new family. JAMES 1:18 LB

T n' W said...

Wow! That's an awesome attitude. It's great that you can see your path so early in life. If you need any more info or want to talk, give me a call. It's sounds like you found the right doc too!

My Endo Journey said...

Beautiful post and attitude! Knowledge is power-glad you are feeling better!

Lauren said...

It's so wonderful to know that God has a plan for our lives and He loves us and is always always with us!!