Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I've got a new lease on life

So, yeah...these past few days have been hard, just to say the least. Cristian got in a wreck (thank God he is ok), started back to a new semester (filled with extremely tough classes), felt not so good (sinus issues). It's been one of those "low points", but you know God has been faithful through it all.
When cristian called me early saturday morning it seemed like my world stopped. I was so worried that he was injured and that maybe this was the last time i was going to talk to him (he had told me that his head was bleeding a lot). I was so scared..does not even begin to explain what was running thru my mind. But you know what? not long after I got the call I began to pray, asked my sister to pray and asked fb friends and blogger friends to pray for him. It put a peace over me that I couldnt explain. Somehow I knew that whatever was going on , it was all going to be ok.
I have been doing A LOT of thinking since Saturday, and through all of it I have come to the conclusion that this was just a mark in the road to what God has in store for me and cristian. He could have easily not made it out alive on saturday(the truck went off the road , took down two mailboxes, went in a big ditch, came back up, did some spins in the air and then hit a big tree). I have no doubt that God has something marvelous planned for cristian, that's why he's keeping him here. He's got a purpose for him, something that only he can do.
I am just so grateful that Cristian is in my life. He is truly my hero, my best friend, my lover, my sidekick, and the oreo cookie to my cream. I love him :)

2 comments:

natali said...

Love you sis! I am so glad Cristian is okay :)) You made me cry :)

Elizabeth J. said...

Hi there, this is my first visit so I wanted to drop a comment to let you know that I had dropped by. If you're wondering how I came across your blog, it was through reading comments on Lexi's blog. If you'd like, drop by my blog.