Saturday, November 1, 2008

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

You know when you hear that song entilted "Somewhere Over the Rainbow?"
It's not always blue the majority of the time, but that's okay because trials and struggles are meant to make us stronger...a way of God testing us to see what we are made of and how we adapt to change and if we still remain close to Him.
So the next time that you hear this song (perhaps on The Wizard of Oz) just stop and think that no matter how gray or black the sky may be over the rainbow that you can still be happy and live your life , because God is right there walking beside you on the yellow brick road of life......

3 comments:

My Endo Journey said...

Hello there! :)

Jeanne said...

Welcome to blogging Allisyn!!

My name is Jeanne and I write a blog about endometriosis and other chronic illnesses. (I have quite a few chronic illnesses)!

Your post about "Over the Rainbow" was nice because sometimes we get so caught up in pain that we temporarily forget that it will eventually pass (or at least calm down somewhat).

I found your blog because you had posted a comment to Allison on "My Endometriosis Journey" which is one of the blogs I follow. I see you are already following some endo blogs. :)

On another topic, I am posting this comment about the topic of 'endo in the media' (last week).

I’ve been blogging a lot about this because I’m concerned that the public is receiving misinformation about endo.

I’m asking bloggers I know who have endo to blog about this and sign my petition too. I’m planning to send petition to Oprah and “The View”...

Petition:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/endometriosis-awareness-understanding.html

***ANYONE*** wishing to help the endo cause can sign this petition... We have signatures from the US, the UK, and South Africa so far...

See my blog for details on the misinformation in the media last week following endo diagnoses for 2 contestants on "Dancing with the Stars".

Welcome to blogging!!

Jeanne
http://www.endendoat.blogspot.com

Jeanne said...

Allisyn,

I notice my comment posted immediately. I just thought I'd make you aware of an option you have available that you may want to implement.

There is an option for comment moderation. You may want to use that option to prevent any inappropriate material from being posted on your blog. If you need help finding the spot to switch your comment moderation on, let me know & I'll walk you through it.

Sorry to post this here but you don't have an email address listed.

Take care,

Jeanne
Email: endendo@frontiernet.net